Your gutters and downspouts are designed to divert the flow of water away from your home. It's an essential job because even a little bit of water can cause a lot of damage.
WHAT COULD HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T CLEAN YOUR GUTTERS?
- Foundation problems: If you have a 2,000-square-foot home, every inch of rain translates to more than 1,200 gallons of water pouring down your roof! A properly functioning gutter will carry that water through a downspout and away from your home. But a clogged gutter does the opposite—allowing water to spill over the sides and pour down your walls. Pooling water around your foundation can cause erosion, which weakens the walls, leading to foundation cracks and settling.
- Broken gutters: When your gutters are clogged, the water they collect has no place to go. Instead, it fills your gutters to the brim. With each gallon of water weighing about 8 pounds, all that extra weight can bend your gutters or tear them away from the roof.
- Wall and ceiling damage: Clogged gutters can also cause water leaks on the inside of your home. Trapped water can rot the wooden fascia boards your gutters are mounted to, letting moisture enter your home. And in the winter months, ice dams can drive snow melt underneath your shingles.
- Wet basement: If your basement isn't waterproofed, the water pouring down your foundation can lead to a damp basement. This is caused by water seeping through your basement's porous walls and floor.
- Insect infestations: Nobody likes mosquitos in their backyard. But pooling water in your gutters can be the perfect breeding ground for them. Damp mud and leaves can also be an inviting place for bees and wasps to build their nests.
Problems caused by clogged or broken gutters are expensive to fix but easy to prevent. With LeafGuard®, you don't need to worry about clogged gutters or climbing any ladders to clean them (nor should you!).
The LeafGuard® gutter system is the original and only one-piece gutter system. This unique, seamless design keeps debris from collecting in your gutters which:
- prevents clogs from forming
- keeps water flowing freely
- eliminates leaks and the threat of water damage
- makes climbing ladders to clean gutters unnecessary
With a maintenance-free LeafGuard® system for your home, you can enjoy peace of mind and not climbing any ladders. Learn more about the LeafGuard® gutter system here.